Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Not as innocent as it looks.

You may have heard by now that the TV remote is one of the dirtiest things in a hotel room. I don't understand. You're really into a particular program and then all of a sudden you just have this urge to change channels to Sesame Street?

The TV remote aside, have you ever thought about the hotel blow dryer as a germ-toting appliance? There is the obvious reason that not all people wash their hands after private matters like watching television or visiting the water closet. Just as the doorknob, light switch and faucet are vulnerable, so is the blow dryer.

Here's a more obscure reason. I was injured while having a Brazilian in London. Unfortunately a waxing, not a man. The esthetician split me open like a banana. For a moment I thought I was in the Tower of London and I had inadvertently signed up for a unique torture experience. The on-call hotel doctor said he has seen this before and it was a telltale sign of poor technique on the esthetician's part.

To aid healing he recommended a saline wash followed with a thorough blow dry. Twice a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment