Sunday, September 6, 2009

Au Revoir.

My first day in Paris wasn't spent waiting in line to throw a teacup at the Mona Lisa, but rather touring hotels to find a replacement for my pre-booked hotel. Sadly, the mattress inspection failed  and the hotel's efforts to replace the mattress were futile.

Some people believe in the Law of Attraction. I believe in the Law of Steve (read my "Six Hurricanes and a mattress." post). People do things in hotel rooms that they wouldn't normally do at home. I've seen plenty of evidence. The mattress stain in a hotel is more common than you think. Most people just don't realize they're sleeping on stains because they don't think to check underneath the sheets and mattress cover. I don't know about you, but I'm not paying a hotel to sleep on someone else's history. Miss.

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever try to guess what the stains are made of? I like to think that this one is a giant drool stain because it looks like it's at the top of the mattress. I also like to imagine that all the 'low-life germs' hide out in those mattress cracks which, this one seems to have a lot of. Then at night they come out and terrorize the hard working germs that live outside the cracks so they have to leave and they end up forming little germ refugee camps on people while they sleep. So a good thing you didn't stay on that mattress.

    ReplyDelete