Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Not a germaphobe.

Okay, so you may be thinking Hygiene Hunter is a blog for extremists. For people who would never pick up a sliced tomato off the floor and eat it. For people who would never run their tongue along a subway handrail. For people who would rather have their picture taken with a New York Sanitation truck than say Javier Bardem. Admittedly, I haven't touched a doorknob, elevator button or grocery cart without protection in 20 years, but sadly that doesn't make me a long lost relative of Howard Hughes. It does make me practical. Since I started avoiding contact with public touch points I have avoided the sniffles, the runs, the clap. Knock on wood. Five times.

I Googled germaphobe. Urban Dictionary offers this up: "Any person who is obsessed with cleanliness and defeating bacteria. These individuals will turn on faucets with their elbows and hand sanitize on an hourly basis." According to their definition I am not a germaphobe. I am more. Much more. Obsessed? Check. Sanitize on an hourly basis? Amateurs. I wash my hands anytime anyone even looks at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment