Monday, December 21, 2009

The wrong address.

My goal was to finish my Christmas shopping this weekend. Alas, while I may be hygienically superior, I am directionally challenged. So instead of being cradled in the bosom of Holt Renfrew -- Canada's best department store for fashion -- I found myself in one of Canada's most tragic neighborhoods -- Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. With the Olympic Winter Games only 52 days away, the City of Vancouver is focused on making this area more visitor friendly. Personally, I find the area more sad than scary. I would, however, advise that you watch where you step. While waiting for a taxi I bided my time admiring the HH in the doorway of this dilapidated building. I can't decide if it stands for Hygiene Hunter or Happy Holidays.

3 comments:

  1. The Downtown Eastside is a great place to find any last minute christmas gifts. Browse the many vendors selling a variety of lifted goods. Anything from chicken to DVD's you'll find something for everyone on your christmas list at the Downtown Eastside. Just remember to disinfect goods before you gift them lest you give your giftees something extra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year 2010! You rock girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh You are so funny, I love your humour as much as your hygiene.

    ReplyDelete