Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The downside of a pristine bed.

I'm not a morning person to begin with. Provide me with an immaculate bed, Frette linens and drizzle and the sites of London will just have to wait until at least 3 p.m. Believe it or not, so does champagne. Convent Garden Hotel's aromatic lavender infused Sleep Well mist is also to thank. I guess there can be an advantage to a soiled bed -- like not wanting to sleep in it -- ever. I've often heard people say a hotel is not worth spending money on because "You're only going to sleep there." Duh-huh? Hit.

1 comment:

  1. Japanese writer, Haruki Murakami, goes to bed at 10 pm and wakes up at 4 am (or so he confesses in his novel 'What I Think About When I Think About Running'). Having said that, I bet the fresh linens and lavender mist (which surely he is to indulge in) would keep him cozy until 6 am.

    Comedian/film director Woody Allen once said that he found lying down parallel to the floor and having to close his eyes for eight hours both absurd and comical. But I think if he was tucked into a room at the Convent Garden Hotel he would: lavender mist, sleep and repeat.

    ReplyDelete